Chapter 5 - Shores of Gold Part 1

 Starting April 29, 1719

The Shroudbreaker

 https://youtu.be/Hp1w5V_tLIY?si=vEpLyZ9kEMO3MZe1

[ANCIENT SPIRE OUTPOST]

While in the tavern, the crew of the Sandman noticed some papers on the counter in the corner of the tavern, and going to take a closer look, they saw notes about the Shores of Gold and the Shroudbreaker, and a mysterious stranger warned them that seeking out the Shores of Gold was a dangerous voyage. This did nothing to dissuade the crew from being interested, so the stranger gave them a final warning before handing them a journal that once belonged to the Pirate Lord. Inside were the details of the last voyage of the Magpie's Wing, which had been searching for the Shroudbreaker before they were attacked and scuttled by the burning blade. They tossed the ancient chest they had overboard, noting where in their ships log, which sank with the ship. The crew of the Sandman's revenge quickly sought out the wreck, happening upon a familiar uncharted island. Following the abandoned ship's log, the crew discovered the ancient chest left behind. Inside they found some notes and a stone Scarab key. Following the notes to Crook's Hollow, they opened an ancient vault with the key. Inside they solved a variety of puzzles to find medallions which unlocked the final door, revealing the Shroudbreaker. When they left the vault, though, they were all of them ambushed, left with no choice but to run! Returning to the Sandy, they soon realized that they had no clue how to use the strange ancient relic, so they brought it to the mysterious stranger in the tavern...

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CmjYRT6BOI

VIDEO TIMESTAMP FOR MYSTERIOUS STRANGER 


Around the tavern are all the usuals!


DUKE

MEN OF LOW MORAL FIBER 


Cursed Rogue and Legendary Storyteller

As you begin to leave the tavern, Tasha calls out.

 

[TASHA]
Hey, uh, Edwin? You know, she used to drink here, in my tavern!

Who?
Oh, Briggsy. When she was alive, I mean. I always looked forward to the nights she arrived, all gold and glamour. I was just a girl then, of course. She used to tell such stories, all about where she'd been and the adventures she'd had. I'd write them all down, add pictures, and dream that I was sailing to those places too. Dad told me not to listen. "No truth ever rolled off a pirate's tongue", he'd say. But kids have to believe in something, don't they? You need heroes to help you grow up. But in the end, I realised two things. Briggsy was a liar, and she was gone. 

Worse than gone! She'd become another rotten skellie lord, plundering and scaring decent folks. Here, take my old book if you think it'll help. I just wish there was more to it than a bunch of made-up stories.
Still... ...if it does lead you anywhere interesting, come back and tell me about it. I-I want some REAL adventures to write about!

She hands you a book written by a child.


[PLUNDER OUTPOST]

VIDEO TIMESTAMP FOR MADAME OLIVIA START


VIDEO TIMESTAMP FOR SKELETONS

• The chest is hers!
• You'll die here!
• She shines true!
• Kill the worm!
• Briggsy will wear your skull!


VIDEO TIMESTAMP FOR TASHA END


VIDEO TIMESTAMP FOR MADAME OLIVIA RITUAL


CLIP FOR BRIGGSY

TAUNTS
• It's nothing personal. I just really want to kill you!
• Surrender and I'll grant you a quick death!
• I'm too strong for you!
• Not bad for a flesh-faced thief! Now stand still and die.
• I never asked to be cursed!
• Today, you have the honour of dying at the hands of Captain Briggsy!

SKELETON SUMMONS
• Let me introduce you to my crew!
• Wakey wakey, rise and shine!
• Did you think I was alone?
• Time to even the odds!

SHOCKWAVE ATTACK
• You're pathetic!
• Stay BACK!
• You'll regret this!
• See who you're dealing with?

DISAPPEARING
• I'm too fast for you!
• Too slow!
• Not quick enough!

REAPPEARING
• Did you miss me?
• Over here!
• Looking for me?
• Something wrong?


VIDEO TIMESTAMP FOR MADAME OLIVIA